LBT is fortunate to have the opportunity to have Rev. Nakasone present his thoughts on 1. The Life and Thought of Shakyamuni Buddha. 2. Mahayana Buddhism: History and Thought. 3. Jodo Shinshu: Life and Thought of Shinran. All this in the morning.
Lunch will be provided – Donations gratefully accepted.
After lunch Rev. Nakasone will give a demonstration of Sho (Calligraphy.) He is a widely respected calligrapher. If you are interested in learning more about his calligraphy. https://vimeo.com/106988457 is a discussion of his art.
Reverend Ronald Y. Nakasone is a Buddhist philosopher, an artist, a teacher for 30 years, a student of Spirituality and Aging and a published author. Some of his publications are:
- Asian American Religious Cultures, 2 vols. Co-editor, ABC-CLIO, 2015.
- “On Learning and Teaching the Art of Sho (calligraphy),” Spotlight on TeachingReligions and Religiosity.American Academy of Religion, Vol. 19 no. 3, 2014.
- “Unarigami, Sacred Feminine Voices in Ryūkyūan Polity,” Religion and Politics, Peter Lang, 2014.
- “The Diaspora of the Corporeal Remains of Lord Buddha,” The Journal of Religion and Culture (Thailand), VIII, no. 1, 2014.
- “Spiritual Genealogy: Interfaith and Multicultural Reflections on Spirituality and Aging,” Journal of Religion, Spirituality, and Aging, 2014.
“Reflections on the Structure of Buddhist Thinking,” Journal of the International Association of Buddhist Universities, Vol. IV, 2014.