Why Our Temple?
We believe the insights of the Dharma are accessible to all.
Our temple practices Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, a distinctly Japanese denomination of Buddhism, which teaches that the insights of the Dharma (teachings of truth) are accessible to everyone.
Our temple conducts Regular Services the first and third Sundays of every month. Rev. John NyuDõ Hughes provides a brief tour with time for questions and answers about how to engage in Shin Buddhism just as you are.
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am : Newcomer’s Information Session
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am : Mindfulness Meditation
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am : Regular or Special Service/Dharma Talk
- 11:30 am – 12:45 pm : Tea, snacks and conversation in the community room
On the second Sunday of every month, we meet for a discussion of Mindfulness and twenty minutes of seated meditation.
The time will be for attendees to learn more about mindfulness and to practice guided meditation. Tea will be provided. We welcome donations.
- 10:00 – 11:00 am : Mindfulness Teachings and guided or sitting meditation
All classes and services are available in-person and via Zoom. Full vaccinated people are welcome to attend in person. Masks will be optional. Please stay home if you’re feeling unwell or unvaccinated. To attend via Zoom, please email email@example.com to request the zoom link.