Why Our Temple?
We believe the insights of the Dharma are accessible to all.
Our temple practices Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, a distinctly Japanese denomination of Buddhism, which teaches that the insights of the Dharma (teachings of truth) are accessible to everyone.
Our temple conducts Regular Services the first and third Sundays of every month. Rev. John NyuDõ Hughes provides a brief tour with time for questions and answers about how to engage in Shin Buddhism just as you are.
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am : Newcomer’s Information Session
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am : Mindfulness Meditation
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am : Regular or Special Service/Dharma Talk
- 11:30 am – 12:45 pm : Tea, snacks and conversation in the community room
Mindfulness Classes & Buddhism Classes
On the second Sunday of every month, we meet for discussion on meditation and twenty minutes of seated meditation. Followed by discussion and tea.
On the fourth Sunday of every month, we hold a class on topics of Buddhism.
The time will be for attendees to learn more about mindfulness and to practice guided meditation. We welcome donations.
- 10:00 – 11:00 am : Mindfulness Teachings and guided or sitting meditation