COVID-19 Notice – In Person Services Return!
All regular Longmont Buddhist Temple activities are returning to in-person starting with our special Oban Service on August 1st at Kanemoto Park. Check our events page for more information.
In the meantime, services continue to be conducted virtually, please email us for information on how to attend. We continue to monitor the situation and will keep the Sangha and community informed regarding any upcoming activities.
Why Our Temple?
We believe the insights of the Dharma are accessible to all.
Our temple practices Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, a distinctly Japanese denomination of Buddhism, which teaches that the insights of the Dharma (teachings of truth) are accessible to everyone.
Our temple conducts Regular Services the first and third Sundays of every month. Rev. John NyuDõ Hughes provides a brief tour with time for questions and answers about how to engage in Shin Buddhism just as you are.
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am : Newcomer’s Information Session
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am : Mindfulness Meditation
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am : Regular or Special Service/Dharma Talk
- 11:30 am – 12:45 pm : Tea, snacks and conversation in the community room
On the second and fourth Sundays of every month, we meet for connection and twenty minutes of sitting.
The time will be for attendees to learn more about mindfulness and to practice guided meditation. Tea will be provided. We welcome donations.
- 10:00 – 11:00 am : Mindfulness Teachings and guided or sitting meditation